Saturday, October 22, 2011

Road Trip!!


This summer one our way back from Houston Nate and I decided to make our road trip through Texas/Colorado a little more exciting by stopping at some National Parks along the way.  

Our first stop was Mesa Verde in Colorado.  For those of you who have never been to this National Park, go.  It is amazing! I remember going when I was younger with my family, but it was really neat to see it again now that I'm a little older because I was able to listen more to what the tour guides had to say, and learned some really interesting things about the Anasazi Cliff Dwellings.  




 We had to climb a 32 ft. ladder to get to the Balcony House cliff Dwellings! It was so scary, especially because it was just raining and so the ladder was really wet, muddy and slippery.  It's a good thing I didn't look down because I probably would have froze!  The climb was definitely worth it though, because these cliff dwellings were amazing, and so was the view!






We stayed in Cortez overnight after visiting Mesa Verde at a family owned lodge called White Eagle Inn, and ate at a Mexican restaurant in town that was really good!



After our night in Cortez we continued on through Colorado into Utah, where we stopped at Arches National Park.  This also is a really amazing National Park that if you haven't been to, you should.  Again, I remember visiting this park with my family when I was younger, but Nate had never been so it was really fun to go again and share the experience with him.  I wasn't too bright though because I wore jeans, and if you've ever visited Arches in the summer, you know NEVER to wear jeans - I was dieing of heat!!!  But after I got over being a grouch (I'm not very good with dealing with heat) we had a great time and really enjoyed some of natures most beautiful creations!










No comments:

Post a Comment